The Investment Bond is a lump sum investment providing an element of life cover and the potential for capital growth, while still allowing your client to make withdrawals from their investment. There’s no set investment period for the bond. It's been designed as a medium to long-term investment (at least five to ten years), though your client can keep it for as long as they want.
- Minimum initial investment of £10,000.
- Regular and one-off withdrawals available.
- Death benefit of up to 101% of units at time of death (increased to 110% in cases of accidental death).
- Available on a single or joint-life basis.
- A wide range of trust options.
Other information you need
Investment Bond could be for clients who:
- want flexibility in their choice of funds
- are UK residents up to 80 years old
- are aged 18 years or over
- want to invest a minimum of £10,000
- are looking for an estate planning solution
- wish to invest for growth or income or a combination of the two.
The Investment Bond has been designed so that it offers you and your clients flexibility and choice:
- the ability to make withdrawals
- the option to invest for growth or income, or a combination of the two
- a wide choice of investments
- life cover, including accidental death benefit
- tax and estate planning opportunities.
Take a look at our expertise on bond tax and tax planning with bonds.
We have an extensive range of funds for you to offer your clients, giving:
- the ability to invest in a wide range of investment funds from many well-respected fund managers
- a choice of unit-linked life funds
- life funds that cover a range of risk profiles
- natural income, available from our income-producing funds:
- Distribution Fund
- Managed Income Fund
- Equity High Income Fund.
Please see the Investor's guide (PDF) for more details.
Before you apply
Before proceeding to the application you should ensure that your client has been provided with:
- a copy of the Key Information Documents (KIDs) and Additional Information Document (AID) (PDF)
- a copy of our Important notes for applications (PDF)
- a copy of our Consumer brochure (PDF)
What you need to apply
- Applicant's personal details.
- Applicant's full address.
- Applicant's bank details. If you are supplying bank or building society account details online on behalf of your client, your client must be the account holder and must also be the only person required to authorise debits from the account.
To access our online services you need to be registered for our online services.
Find out more about online services