Before you apply
Before proceeding to the application stage you should ensure that your client wishes to set up a Discounted Gift and Income Trust (creating fixed trust interests), which is on an absolute basis.
Should they wish to establish the trust on a discretionary basis, please look at our Flexible Discounted Gift and Income Trust
Please also ensure your client has read the important notes for applications (PDF)
The application stages
- For full in-advance underwriting, a completed health questionnaire should first be submitted (see postal details in step 3).
- Once this has been received a projected discount will be provided where possible. If the projected discount is acceptable the application stage moves to stage 2.
The following items should accompany the application:
- confirmation of verification of identity of the settlor(s) and all additional trustees
- copy of illustration
- cheque for investment amount
- payable to ‘Scottish Widows Limited – [settlor’s name]’.
Send your applications by post to:
PO Box 28117
15 Dalkeith Road
Policy documents will be issued to the trustees.
This trust is also offered on a concurrent/no underwriting basis. Please speak to your usual sales contact if you wish to proceed on either of these options.