How to apply
A quicker, streamlined approach
Quick Checklist Before You Proceed
Before you apply
You will already have had a quote. Before proceeding to the application you should ensure that your client has been provided with:
- a copy of our Key Features (PDF)
- a discussion about payment for services or advice.
What you need to apply
- Confirmation from the client of their consent to any Adviser Charges
- Discharge papers from transferring company, if applicable
- Completed lifetime allowance form
- Trustee, administrator and member signature (as applicable).
Please return completed forms to:
Scottish Widows Limited
PO Box 24171
69 Morrison Street
What happens when we receive your application?
Quote will be guaranteed for 45 days from the date the quote is produced. The application form and purchase price must be received within the 45 days for the terms in the quote to apply.
We have a dedicated administration team who will be reponsible for setting up and dealing with all post sale aspects of our Annuities.
The administration team will:
- on receipt of application form, validate the information in the form to enable us to set up the annuity on the correct basis
- contact the ceding provider on receipt of the application form to obtain the purchase price. This will be done by ORIGIO options or by post
- check to see if the purchase price is received after the end of the guarantee period. Where this is the case, and the enhanced annuity rate has decreased, we will issue a new quote.
On completion of the checks the administration team will:
- arrange a payment of any tax free cash (transfer only)
- set up annuity income payments
- organise payment of any adviser charge or commission
- issue policy documentation, including the Policy Schedule, to the customer. If requested copies can be issued to you.
HOW TO GET A QUOTE
If you are new to the Annuity market or have not worked with Scottish Widows before, you need to be registered on the quote portals to get a quote and also be registered with Scottish Widows and have an agency code in order to proceed.
Apply using portal for an instant best quote and comparison quotes from other suppliers.
IS YOUR CLIENT NEW TO SCOTTISH WIDOWS?
If you are already set up with one of these portals you will be ready to quote for a Scottish Widows Standard or Enhanced Annuity.
- Register with IRESS
- Register with iPipeline
- Register with HUB
- Register with Annuity Exchange
- Register with Synaptic Webline
- Register with Retirement Line
IS YOUR CLIENT AN EXISTING SCOTTISH WIDOWS CUSTOMER?
Standard and Enhanced Annuity quotes are available through the portals.
Alternatively, we can provide you with a Standard Annuity quote over the phone
Please call 0345 716 6777 for a quote.